Click here for our schedule
What you need to know before you attend your first class
- Aim to arrive 20-30 minutes early, allowing time to find parking, sign-in, and your place on the mat. Late comers may not be permitted.
- Make sure you are well hydrated, especially if you'll be attending a hot class
- Classes are practiced barefoot. Outdoor shoes are not permitted beyond the reception area.
- Wear light-weight comfortable clothing, avoiding cotton (because it holds water)
- Don't wear PERFUME or other strongly scented beauty products
- Consider whether or not you may need a shower, to avoid embarrassment or the discomfort of others around you
- It is best not to eat before you attend class
- You are responsible for your own health and wellbeing. Make sure you have the green light from your health care provider
- Do not bring valuables to the studio
At the studio
- Remove outdoor shoes upon entering the studio. Leave your shoes on the black mats in the designated areas
- No cell phone usage beyond the reception area. no visible cell phones in changerooms please. This is for the security and comfort of the other patrons
- Keep voices low and conversation to a minimum in all areas of the studio beyond the reception and juice bar.
In the practice rooms
- Observe silence, whisper if need be
- In a hot class use the blue towel provided on your mat
- Kneel with your head down or lie down on your back if you begin feeling overwhelmed or tired
- Drink as much water as your body tells you you need, but be aware of a behaviour we call "posture avoidance"
- Stay for the final Savasana. If you need to leave class early, give yourself 2 minutes on your back before your exit the room and please do so quietly
Following the class
- Leave props & mats where they are so we can be sure to disinfect them before putting them away
- Place towels in the black laundry hampers provided
- Drink more water. Feed your body some protein, vitamins and minerals
- It is good Karma to thank your teacher.